View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,179
Day #2

An early departure this morning for a longer ride to the TTT rally held in the Blue Mountains Nation Parks.. Had a great night's sleep after traveling the last 200 odd ks at night in Wombat and Kangaroo territory but managed verry well with the 2 X 100 watt driving lights and HID headlights fitted to my bike..

This also saw us leaving Victoria and now entering New South Wales..

We had a rest at a favourite spot of mine in Narooma where I have spent quite a bit of time fishing with my inlaws over many Christmas breaks..

The ride into the TTT Rally is almost legendary and this year claimed it`s fair share of victims as well.. One bloke had an off that broke his leg and needed to be evacuated by helicopter to the Hospital nearby.. On one occasion we rounded the corner in time to see 3 guys trying to recover a near new KLR 650 that had taken it`s rider over an embankment and was almost never seen again.. It took another 3 of us to recover it.. There were parts of bikes left along the track from one incident or another but we made our way safely in around mid afternoon.. I found out later that TTT stands for Thrashers Terrible Treck..

Just what you need when your fighting an over weight pig with a wheel wobble that was trying to get you into a tank slapper when you least wanted it..

Was great to catch up with many forum members who I had spoken to over the internet and finally place faces to names.. Spent the night chatting around the fire having a good laugh at times and then ducking for cover as huge explossions where set off in the surrounding scrub at all hours of the night..

Some bikes at the TTT Rally..

This is our Aussie Moderators atgreg`s bike...

And this one ridden by a very talented rider..

Day 2 travel..

Cann River> Merrimbula> Narooma> Batemans Bay> Goulburn> Taralga> TTT Rally..

570 klms KTM Speedo..

nevgriff64 screwed with this post 05-06-2008 at 06:41 AM
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote