View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:19 AM   #6
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,447
Day #3

Racketeer and I decided to walk to the top of the ridge where we camped the night as we had been told the view was well worth the effort..

As we reached the top I saw a guy with his pants around his ankles having a dump about 100 meters away.. (Hope this wasn`t the view people had suggested we have a look at .. ) By the time we had walked over to where the best view was he had amost covered it in rocks and was prodding it with a stick...

Racketeer asked the bloke if he was trying to kill it with his stick..

The views of the Mountains were very worthy of the walk and I`d bet not too many toilets offered a better sight..

We packed up camp and left mid morning now with Andrew2 and DANNOj and headed out via some different dirt roads to Oberon where we all enjoyed lunch at the Bakery

and then made our way to Bathurst where each year the Touring Cars hold there biggest race of the year at nearby Mount Panamara.. I had always wanted to visit this place and given it was only a 60 odd kilometer detour then it was a must do and it didn`t dissapoint..

The best part is the track inwhich the race is held is a public road 51 weeks of the year so anyone can ride/drive around it and get to experience what the race drivers have to deal with.. Albeit we had to travel at 50 ks and they could do what they wanted.. We did 2 laps as the front wheel was at it`s worst at those speeds and couldn`t ride any harder as it is very heavily Policed with cameras and unmarked cars..

nevgriff64 screwed with this post 12-03-2007 at 06:19 PM
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote