View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:01 AM   #11
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,166
Day #4

Earlier start to the day had our breakfast over, packed and departing around 8 am and heading for Kurrajong where we said our goodbyes to Andrew2 had to start making his way home for work the next day..

And with DANNOj now leading the way we headed East on the Bells line Of Road and then North on Putty Road where we were pushed along by trucks that where absolutely flying... Bloody scary speeds these cowboys where traveling at and made it very difficult to overtake..

Refueled at a popular Halfway House at Howes Valley

and continued on along the Putty Road with some beautiful winding roads following a stream that was understandable as to why it was so popular with the sports bike riders from far and wide.. I didn`t take any pictures sadly as I was just cruising along enjoying the views.. But Racketeer did..

We then made our way into a small town called Kurri Kurri..

just North West of Newcastle where our very own Chad Reed (Former World Supercross Champion) was born.. Well at least it was a highlight for me anyway..

Contiued on to a small town called Beresfield where we enjoyed a nice lunch before saying our goodbyes to DANNOj who had to start making his way home also..

Racketeer and I pushed on till just after dark and made it to Nambucca Heads around 7:30 pm where we bought a few more Ales and found a Motel for a hot shower and comfortable beds.. Was good to spend the last couple of days with Andrew2 and DANNOj and both Racketeer and I really enjoyed their company.. Thanks guys..

Day 4 travel..

Lithgow> Howes Valley> Kurri Kurri> Taree> Kempsey> Nambucca Heads..

Some confusion over todays kilometers but we believe 602ks..

nevgriff64 screwed with this post 12-03-2007 at 06:32 PM
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote