View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 AM   #63
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,303
Day # 16 Rest Day In Darwin..

Yet another early morning swim with the kids before breaky and then off to NT Motorcycles to pick up my bike..

The team did a great job and even washed it for me and the price charged for the service was very reasonable I thought and it felt great riding it back to the motel..

Now as much as I love my wife and kids there was a part of me that was pretty keen to get back out on the road and explore this big country of ours.. Just had to be patient as the time for departure will come around soon enough..

We decided to slow the pace a bit and let the kids catch their breath this afternoon by a visit to the Museum and Art gallery for lunch..

Shannan tried the Lemon but found it not quite right to her liking..

No photography was allowed inside the Museum but we had a great time looking at interesting things that had the kids attention the whole time..

A walk around outside for a while..

and then off again to the beach/jetty to hand feed the fish..

Brandon in particular really enjoyed this part as he got a chance to feed many mullet, large fish called Milky Fish and Catfish.. There were reports of Snapper and even Barramundi there receintly but none seen today.. Probably a good thing cause all these fish swimming around a very frustrated fisherman was about as much as I could take..

Back at the unit the kids were back in the pool for a pre dinner swim and then after they went to bed we kicked back with a cool beer/wine waiting for the prawns to cook on the BBQ..

Bloody hard work this adventure riding..
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote