View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #70
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,459
Day # 18.. Rest Day In Darwin... HA

Took the young bloke out this morning on a fishing charter and a real highlight for me of the time spent in Darwin.. Brandon`s love of fishing started a few years ago and he is still keen to get out at every opportunity.. Today was one of those days that you dream about where good numbers of fish were caught of every species.. "Goldies" or Gold Snapper, Chocolate Cod a good size Cod that we all agreed should be put back and even hooked a Shark that had all our muscles working overtime..

Brandon even hooked a Spanish Mackerel that he fought all the way to the boat by himself only to have our guide miss twice with the gaff and the fish won it`s freedom.. I was very dissapointed for Brandon not to land such a hard fighting fish but he just shook it off and said "That`s fishing".. I think that made me even prouder than if he had landed it..

Quite a few different species where caught and released to fight another day as we already had enough for lunch and couldn`t see any point taking anything that we couldn`t eat..

Brandon also caught the most fish by far for the morning and didn`t miss an opportunity for the rest of the day to remind the old boy of his fishing skills.. I didn`t bother telling him that he had his own personal deckie the whole time as to see the joy on his face when he caught the fish and then told his Mum after was just priceless..

The rest of the day was just spent by the pool relaxing and then packing ready for Michelle and the kids to fly back home to Melbourne and for me to head off on the next part of the adventure..

My bike was sitting waiting patiently and I was keen to play..

nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote