View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #96
Bert Fox
Casual Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmwfan
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but BMW is offering X Challenge handguards through, well, BMW.

They are standard metal pro-bend handguards with an optional small or large weather cover. You can also get an additional spoiler.

Metal handguards are $100 and change complete with mounting kit. Hand weather covers are between $15 and $20.

They are a direct bolt up item. Just ordered them for mine. Will post pics and opinions once I get them.

Also, ordered some rim locks through Motion Pro. About $9 a piece. 2 for the rear and one for the front.

Once these arrive, I'll post the pics of these and the TKC's mounted up.

Just installed the Touratech large shelf and bag. Easiest install I think I have ever done. Took longer to unpack the box than it did to install. Perfect fitment, looks great, and now a place for the toolkit/trail mix/tubes/camera is taken care of. The handles are very easy to use as well.
The advantage of ordering oe BMW accessories at the time of sale, is that they are then covered by the same warranty as the bike. I ordered the same ones as well as the TT large rack. It is all in and I will put it on this weekend! Thanks for the report.
Bert
www.gnatsass.net
Find us on Facebook. GNATSASS
Bert Fox is offline   Reply With Quote