View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #38
oodeano
Some Guy

Oddometer: 1,013
Takin' Bacon

Carolyn and I picked up Bacon from Andrew2 on Sunday morning.

A bit of a chat about the Limeburners Australia Day weekend amongst other things and we were off.

Andrew lives right near the bottom of one of my favourite pieces of road - Macquarie Pass. I knew we would be going there but could not find my video camera mount!! I'll spare you the 'file footage' - search it on Youtube if you like.

You Bacon is growing up very fast - he stole his first kiss while posing at the Mac Nat Park Sign - cheeky bugger!

We stopped at the top of Range Rd for a look at the view:

We headed through Mittagong, Buxton, Hilltop, Thirlmere and into Picton. Took Old Old Razorback and went to Douglas Park - stopping by the creek:

He's a bit of a daredevil too - didn't want to stay on the pillion seat:

Broughton Pass and onto the old Princes Highway - sneaking off for a little powerline play on the way:

That's 215km for the total (2185) - on a 2006 DL-650. Bacon saw the DoctoR in the yard when we got home and is really keen to take it out!!

I was hoping to take Bacon sightseeing around Sydney after work this afternoon and maybe for a little dirt tomorrow but I tore a calf muscle playing squash yesterday and don't think I'll be riding for a week or two - perhaps another Sydneysider can take him?