View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #10
mdaniels
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonwlf7
I test rode a BMW F800ST just yesterday as a matter of fact, the bike handles incredibly well, but, I wasn't impressed with the motor, and the tranny made a lot of noises. I would go with the Versys. I myself am seriously thinking of an 08 ULY, a Versys, or believe it or not a KTM 690SM
Canyonwlf - I think you're over on BA.com quite a bit as well too? Just curious if you've (or anywone else that wants to chime in) thinks of the Veresys compared to a new Triumph Tiger or Spring ST?

Since my '04 Speedmaster has been totaled by the insurance company following being rear-ended a couple of weeks back, I'm in the early stages of looking for a new bike. These three are on my list, along with maybe a Thunderbird Sport that I could just pay cash for rather than having to finance part of the purchase.

I lurk here a lot and have been trying to figure out what I want next. 75% of my riding is commuting to work and then longer rides on weekends. I would like to start taking longer trips, but that would only be one or two times a year.

I was perfectly happy with the Speedmaster, but I don't think I want another cruiser right now.
mdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote