View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #29
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
Yeah, once you get all the intake, exhaust and footpeg stuff out of the way, it's pretty easy to mask the motor off with kraft paper and tape. I really only need to get the lower portion of the frame, especially back on the left side where an acid spill uglied up the little sideplate.

The swingarm took a bit of the shot, too.

Before Greg had this bike, it had been hit by a car in a full on Tbone accident. The frame got replaced, so I've got one of those CHP blue tags on the headstock. The bike still shows some scars from that incident. The alternator cover is pushed in on one side. The right side jug is different than the left side jug. (There are differences in jugs at the point where they contact the case. Some have a little web like growth and some don't. I've got one of each on this bike). The seat has a big patch on it where some vinyl was glued on to cover a huge rip. I'm going to leave most of it, but the seat has to get replaced. I'm still looking for an 84 seat. It has a unique pattern, as you can see in the pictures.

The stories keep coming out

What ELSE has happened? I like the two-different-jug concept. Like every part has a history behind it. That thing is already a novel.