View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 09:53 PM   #80
kbasa OP
Colnago!

Oddometer: 66,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by word1
Hmmm, that's interesting. I don't know what's up with your centerstand, but the reason I crashed (and destroyed) my R100RS was that the centerstand bolts backed out.
The threads on the centerstand lugs came out with the bolts. The centerstand was dangling under the machine, and when I leaned into the next turn it jammed underneath and lifted the rear wheel off the road.

Crashing in front of your wife - funny (only in retrospect).
Breaking the scaphoid in your left wrist - painful.
Seeing your almost totaled RS now looking better than before - priceless!

Can you say: heli-coil, locktite and safety wire. I knew you could!

...oh, congrats on successfully implementing Project Scope Creep!

_jay

Well, the centerstand on my CS is kinda mucked up. It's like the centerstand goes over center and doesn't really hold the bike up all that well. It's like the front of the brackets have the stops too far up.

Additionally, it looks like the brackets are welded onto the frame crooked, so I'll be visiting with a welder before much else happens to that frame. I'll probably wind up sending the whole damn thing off to a powder coater afterwards.

One thing I do need to do is get the bearings out. The manuals I've seen call for a special puller, but it looks like a regular bearing puller will work. Anybody have any experience with that?

For the driveshaft, I've got a press, so I think I can get the driveshaft out of the swingarm with a little effort and patience.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote