View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 05:20 AM   #83
Basher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Yeah it would rock to live out there. Imagine pulling out of you drive way onto a dirt road. I ride a DR also and there is some nice DRable trails and jeep roads up there. If you have a gazateer(smeeling?) then have a look and look for little dotted line roads.

Saturday I'm going up towards Ashville to play around on Hurrican Creek Rd. There is a pretty decent size group going but most will be on plated dirt bikes. I'll be on the only DR so anybody else with a proper DS come tag along so I'm not the only one on a big DS. The only thing I would suuggest is knoddies.

Sunday I fly out for two weeks so can't do anything then or next weekend. I'll be in OR and OR sucks when your in a cage. But for any of you who just want to stay in this area and ride this weekend. If you go east on 268, out of Lenior, make a left on Elk Creek Road, right before the little gas station. Take Elk Creek for a good ways till you come to Jakes Mountain on the left. It's a road like Mapply Sally and takes you up around the park way. Make a left on the Parkway and then a left on Blackberry which will take you to 321. Make a left on 321 and a right on Waterfall Rd. and from here you can work your way over to Wilsons Creek area via Globe Mt. Rd.

If uins want to wait then we can check it out on the 26th when I'm back in town.
Basher is offline   Reply With Quote