View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
noahr OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Thumb Best trip of my life..so far...Loop of Europe.

Here is my real report! I posted my trip earlier, but with just a link to my photos...i've finally taken the time and embedded the pics with descriptions.

Something I always wanted to do, travel Europe by motorcycle. Ever since my first backpacking trip in Europe with my friend Wayne (who I did the motorcycle trip with) we'd see people passing us by on bikes while waiting at train stations...bus stations...side of the road...everywhere! It was then when we knew had to do it. So two yeas later of saving we were off...

Our plans were much more ambitious when we first started out but with just over 2 months free time went to the following places.
Started on London in order to:
France
Belgium
Netherlands
Germany
Czech Republic
Austria
Slovakia
Poland
Hungary
Croatia
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Montenegro
Italy
Monaco(does that count?)
Switzerland
and back!

Aug 5, 2007 We pack up the 2 F650's, Me on the Dakar and Wayne on the reg F650 with the low seat, more on that later:-(

We take an easy ride our first day down from London to Brighton. There seems to be a few people on the beach. Turns out it was pride week, and our campground was full of people into thing that we were not into...so we decide to camp in the "family" section of the campground.

We quickly find out that unlike campgrounds in North America camp fires are a no no.

Off to France...We go with the Norfolkline ferries they are the cheapest and your not stuck by your bike like on the Tunnel

No one seemed to be around when we were crusing around Brussels

On the way to Holland we smelt tobbaco...and then behold!

Once there we stayed at a small costal town call Noordwijk just south of Amsterdam.

After dropping off all our gear we head into Amsterdam...sure enough I get a flat since all of our tools are in our panniers!

We manage to get the wheel off and Wayne heads off looking for a tire repair shop while I wait around.

After struggling to get the wheel back on without a center stand, out of nowhere a mobile motorcycle repair guy shows up and helps us free of charge!

Heading out of Holland to Germany

After one of the longest and wettest days of riding I've ever experienced we arrived in Koeln Germany. Having camped the last week and being completely soaked through all our "waterproof gear" we decided to stay at a hostel.

After a long while of blow drying gear and hanging the rest of our gear in our now 100 degree room we headed down to the hostel bar where we met these friendly Italian girls. The light was very dim in the bar but I swore that 2 of the Italian girls had matching herpes on there lips (think Spinal Tap). Due to the lack of light I had to confirm my suspicions and what a better way to do it the take some flash photos. Sure enough the photos confirmed my suspicions. Wayne and I had a good laugh. After a few bars and drinks later we notice one of the girls making out with this poor Dutch guy (see one of the photos). Trying not to be rude, I had to go say something to the young gentleman that though he was having good clean fun..so once she went to get another drink I approached him telling him what I knew to be true. Right away he said I was crazy...so I pulled out the camera to confirm his doubts, a funny looked crossed his face then he took a shot of what ever he was drinking and ran off to the washroom never to be seen again!

Koeln

This is the best motorcycle store i've ever been to! Louis! Soooooo much cool stuff to chose from!

Like if you bought this coolant, you get a free subscription to Penthouse!

More coming real soon!

noahr screwed with this post 08-21-2008 at 11:43 AM
noahr is offline   Reply With Quote