View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #12
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,933
Thumb Kienhuis FE650e 3rd in class 2007 Australian Safari

Brandon Kienhuis has just taken out 3rd position in his class and 8th outright in the Australian Safari. The Safari, covering a massive 5,500km over 9 days, started on the 24th of August in Kunnunurra and finished in Perth on 1st September.

Kienhuis backed by Valley Force Husaberg completed the journey on a brand new stock FE650. "Apart from the map reader and some additional fuel tanks the bike was straight off the shelf. We didn’t even have time to run the bike in as we only picked it up a week prior to the race" Keinhuis explained. Brandon started the race in 60th position and worked his way through the field over the first couple of days getting as high as 20th.

"I had a small issue on the third day where I misread the map. It cost me around 15 minutes and pushed me back a few positions. That’s what this race is about reading the map and being consistent"

Brandon fought back and worked his way in to a podium finish in his class and top ten outright. His training over the past 12 months has included Condobolin and the Hattah desert race where he took out his class win in the over 500cc.

Brandon will continue to train and with growing support from Valley Force is looking forward to competing in the 2008 Finke Desert Race. "I am keen to get on the new 2008 model and start training for the Finke. Its going to be a tough race but these bikes a proven and it will all come down to my fitness and me being able to get the bike across the line"

Brandon is the rider on the right.

SafariBerg screwed with this post 01-12-2008 at 06:34 AM
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote