View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #43
NC Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc

Oddometer: 598
I am Rick of Cogent Dynamics Inc. and am the guy who is working on getting this shock upgrade worked out. I have been playing with this DR suspension for several years. I don't have a hole bunch of time to post but I have been poking my head in here some.

you can get a small look at where we are at by going to our web site and looking at the "special projects" page:
http://motocd.com/index.php?option=c...d=35&Itemid=50

Some folks sleuthed out the fact that I had this going on and have jumped in early. We are going to build 8 shocks in the next two weeks and while pricing is not settled upon, I have quoted $379 for the shock upgrade and an additional $45 for the hard coat anodizing.

Spring wise, we do have other rates available at an additional $89. We can mount the Eibach springs that many people are running and we are doing that very thing for one of our customers whos shock is already in our shop. We will do that using the correct size bottom spring clip for that spring size.

I think we will try to build these in groups of 3-10 shocks to make doing them more economical. We will work with each customer to provide a custom setup. The lowered shock is a non-problem but there are some differences with regard to changing back and forth.

I really appreciate the input from this group. While this thing started to just provide me with a better bike, I see a lot more interest than I expected. I am all ears regarding your comments, questions and suggestions.
NC Rick is offline   Reply With Quote