View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #11
Frgich
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer
I like it a lot. I've had it about 1 1/2 years and it's held up well to life on a bike. Great reception in the woods and mountains. Great all around versatility. I'm still learning how to use all the functions. Now w/ them marked down again, they are a great buy. I found mine at http://offroute.com/ , they had everything I needed and it came in one shipment. Great place to deal w/.

Sometimes it would be nicer to have a larger screen, but it's nice not having a huge GPS bouncing around up there too. W/ a 2gb Micro SD card you can put all of north America city navigator on it. It does slow it down a little, but not as much as I thought it might. It's nice not having to load maps when ever you go on a trip, now I am free to roam. I like having it at eye height, or close to it, not safe looking down at the bars when you need to glance it quick.
Thanks for fast info. I 'm considering Garmins 60 csx and the Zumo, but besides riding my Strom, I like to hike, trek and mountain bike. Only thing that bothers me is kinda small screen, and pure visibility.

But on the other side I like the ability to have 2-3 Micro sd cards and swap the maps very quickly(have plan's to visit Morocco this or next year).

You've mounted Yours behind the screen so it's at your eye height? How about visibility at night, does the screen iluminate enough?

I'm curently riding a 06 V-Strom, but dreaming of having 990 s

www.lobagola.com Bed & Breakfast in Zagreb
Frgich is offline   Reply With Quote