View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 05:03 AM   #9
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,723
Quote:
I would really appreciate a photo of your 450's rear wheel to double check what ive said is right.
Hiya Mat,
I don't have a close-up photo of the 450 handy but I have the front with a clear indication of how to determine the indexing. The rear of my 450 is the same indexing as the front so "Jap indexed" at both ends. I could get a photo of the rear tomorrow if you need - I might have to wash it first though, it's covered in crap!

You avoided the drama's I'm having with my front by having the Talon hub. I thought about going that route too but I like the redundancy of ICO pickups I have by using a disk mount bolt hole on the rhs of the wheel. I understand that Talon do not do a double disk hub to suit.

The following picture is extracted from the link to the Woody's Wheel Works thread that I pasted in my earlier post.

This picture is of the KTM 450 EXC front wheel.
The four 'Blue' spokes make up the sides of the two 'Tepees'. Within each of the 'Tepees' is a spoke heading to the LEFT. This gives me a "Jap" pattern index for the front wheel of my 450 EXC.
[IMG] and

when it points toward the right you have the euro drill pattern,,,,
#101 Dakar 2015, Kiwi Safari Team, Perth, WA
KTM 450 Rally ... Dakar ready
KTM 530 EXC-R
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is online now   Reply With Quote