View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #24
stickfigure OP
Fiendish Fluoridator

Oddometer: 510
Death of a Hotel

[Originally posted January 20, 2008]

Heading south from San Blas with my newly acquired riding buddy (Robert), we rode by this abandoned hotel. Someone in San Blas told me that it was a magnificent place in the 50s, popular with Hollywood moviestars including Humphrey Bogart and Liz Taylor. It was ravaged by a hurricane and never rebuilt.

We stopped in a beach town and had tea with some friends of Robert's family who were wintering in Mexico. I noticed this seems to be a common pattern among Canadians. Robert headed inland; he only had a few weeks and was on a pretty tight schedule.

Next I spent a couple uneventful days in Sayulita, a cute surf town that Lesley [a girl from Seattle that I dated for a while] and I spent a lovely but crowded weekend about a year ago. We had inadvertently arrived in the middle of the town's major annual festival, so it was full of tourists. It's still full of tourists, but I had internet access in my hotel room so I stuck around to read documentation about Facebook applications. I have a plan.
stickfigure is offline   Reply With Quote