View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #68
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick
Mike,

Yours is in with mine and the rest of the batch. The bodies go in for hard coat on Monday. Depending on when they come back, I may have them all together by the end of the week.

Eakins,

The Hard Coat anodizing is optional ($45) and is not for looks, it is a performance coating that makes the shock have less internal friction, last longer (like a LOT longer) and also helps keep the oil cleaner. You don't need it. If you were to send in a shock to RaceTech for that coating you would be looking at about $120.

As far as the other parts, many are shared with other shocks we build. Doing those one off for each shock and these things would cost many times more. I am not too worried about my volume on these (this is no get rich scheme) I am just tying to make the best shock I can for a decent price. This is the answer for me and my bike and if it works for a bunch of others that will make me and them happy! A lower cost option that works very well is the RaceTech Gold Valve, I ran one of those for a couple years. They cost $169 but we discount them. installation from us is $85 (we are a RaceTech center). For the $379 we are offering our upgrade at, you get the rebound adjustability as well as a new seal head assembly that includes the shaft bushing and seals as well as a new shaft. Basically it is a new shock that is of very high quality. I don't want to let anything out of this shop that isn't at least excellent. Providing people keep up with a service every few years ( have us do an oil change and re-charge) I will replace any parts that wear out (the parts that come from cogent) at no cost, forever (same owner). I think it is a great deal.
are you talking about a coating on the shaft? i understand that.
i was talking about the dark grey coating on the shock body. that seems like bling only, but maybe i'm missing something.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote