View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #62
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarky
Great work with this post, very interesting to see the history....they really haven't changed at all really

I am interested to know what the original screens are like to ride with, does the flicked out section at the top of the screen make a big difference with buffeting etc?

Where can they be purchased? As there is a 04 for sale over here with a very similar looking screen....great bike btw, I would really like to know who built it originally, has twin rear tanks (not shown in pic) & rally style bash plate with tool box & has been painted in a pretty cool livery.

Is this the bike you are looking at ??? or just one you used as an example.... I know I have seen this bike posted elsewhere on the site - probably looking at info on rear tanks....
Rear tanks usually mean it's a Rallye and a not a Adventure - or someone has retrofitted rear tanks usually from the 99 model (parts are still available online - but it's approx $400 a tank x2).. It's what I am going to do once my 97 is back together and is in good shape - then I will shell out the funds, unless I find a cheaper option

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote