View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Powershouse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,187
WI Rustic Road Century

Oooh, a sticker! Would you like one for your bike, tool chest, beer fridge, etc? Read on friend, read on.

Wisconsin has over a hundred officially designated Rustic Roads. The state offers a patch for folks who ride at least 10 Rustic Roads and a certificate for folks who travel 25 or more. But where’s the challenge in that? Heck, a fellow could stumble on 10 by accident on a Sunday ride!

Visit 100 Rustic Roads and you will qualify as a Rustic Road Centurion. If you are one of the first 100 riders to document this feat you will receive one of the stickers shown above. That’s right, there are only 100 of these stickers, so if you want one you better get rolling! Documentation for a sticker will be consistent with the requirements of the state patch/certificate program. Take a picture of your bike in front of the numbered Rustic Road sign. Paper or electronic photos can be submitted. Group photos are acceptable. Send your pics to me via email (PM me for the address) or mail them to:

Rustic Road Century
8082 Galway Rd
Woodbury, MN 55125

To help you plan your mission you can use the GPS files found here. As folks earn the stickers I’ll post names and pictures and a tally of how many stickers are left. Feel free to share your adventures and post ride reports as you play along.

ps - Special thanks to Sideshow for the design of the sticker!

pps - Lonerockz has applied his Google-Fu to come up with a very cool way to track progress with Google maps. See the example here.

Powershouse screwed with this post 01-03-2014 at 10:57 AM
Powershouse is offline   Reply With Quote