View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,713
Thanks Nowwhat for starting the thread . I'm afraid if I do it, I will end up leading up the ride .

First of all, the weather for tomorrow looks very good, no rain till later in the evening .

Next, there will be very little dust on the trail .

Third, most trails are either closed or too dicy to ride, and this one is easy and convenient (for me) .

And last, I NEED TO RIDE and that will fix me up !

I googled the area bordered by San Francisquito, Lake Hughes, and Pinion Canyon/Lake Elizabeth. There are 2 major trails, and 4 other little trails. If that's not enough, there's the Sawmill Rd. I talked to a couple of mx riders and they said the trails are open.

Then, east of San Francisquito, there are few more trails that will take us to Bouquet Canyon. There are many places we haven't explored and this is the beginning, at least for me.

For those who wants to catch up, meet us at the gas station on the north side of Sand Canyon crossing the I-14. We plan to top off our tank there too. Do not count on Sito's 8 gal fuel tank, once you get off the pavement, his price quadruples. We'll be there around 8:30AM.

Noobies are welcome! This is an easy ride and GS rated, ask Mr. G, he did it on his Paris Dakar. Send me a PM for my phone number and other little details.

We can have lunch at that country restaurant which we went (Rohwer Flats ride) off Sierra (that restaurant was in the Suzuki commercial).

The other option is ride to Santa Clarita, have lunch and watch for the bike race (California Bike Tour). The final leg will be at the RoseBowl on Sunday.

See ya... and don't let a good weather get wasted.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote