View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #104
BooneDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22
longshot - but I just bought a madstad mount for my vstrom windshield. looking at the way its made, it would not be that difficult to adapt this to the DR, using stock vstrom screens [which people throw away]. the beauty is that it would standoff a couple of inches, so the shield isn't aimed at your torso, and it is fully adjustable, can stand almost vertical or lay back sharply.
Funny you're talking about using a Madstad Vstrom mount. Not related exactly to the DR, but very similar as far as putting a windscreen on it...

I just today was working on a quick detach mount for a stock Vstrom screen on my KTM. Still it development, but my rides today, up to 90mph were awesome, it's like a touring bike. Whole assembly on and off in about 30 seconds with RAM mounts, one plug from bike to dash gives power to fuse box under dash, which provides all the fuses/power to the dash that will be GPS, Voltmeter(the led in front), one Powerlet outlet, one regular cigarette type outlet will be mounted either side of the LED voltmeter, and switchable driving lights mounted on front.

Here's a couple photos, but very rough at this stage.

Of course, I'm going to fill it the open space with black or orange reflective to hide the brackets and back of the GPS, and take off the SUZUKI emblem...

When I had a DR650, I did the Buell headlights and windscreen. that was nice also, but not nearly the protection this full Vstrom screen gives.

Maybe this will give you some good ideas.

-------------------------------------
Yamaha FJR1300AE
KTM 625 SXC

BooneDog screwed with this post 02-23-2008 at 06:33 PM
BooneDog is offline   Reply With Quote