View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #105
stickfigure OP
Fiendish Fluoridator

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof
Ha, that was you?? You must know Chris De Salvo. The two of us (plus some others) pushed for *years* to get that app approved by T-Mobile. Frickin' carriers.
Funny! My friend Jon Stevens (who wrote the app with me) knows Chris really well. I'm glad to hear someone was trying... it was super-exciting to finish and then a big let-down when the product went nowhere. I hope the iPhone is prompting the carriers to remove their heads from their asses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof
Life with Bill isn't much so far. The only immediate change in my life is a nice buyout bonus (enough to spring for a cross-country trip this summer) and the promise of a matching 401k. So I can't complain. Since I switched to program management from engineering 3 years ago, I already gave up any pretense of coolness or development integrity.

Looking at your livejournal...you look familiar. Were you ever in the sfgoth.com crowd?
Good deal on the x-country trip! Now if they'll only take the handcuffs off and let you leave the desk for long enough...

Nope, I don't know the sfgoth.com crowd, but SF is a small place and I wouldn't be surprised if we know the same people.
stickfigure is offline   Reply With Quote