View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #81
Donkey Hotey OP
De Jo Momma

Oddometer: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike
Found this thread through an eBay posting of all places. Anyway, I thought you guys might find it itneresting that my '98 title 620 has a SN# of 8543 and came from the factory with a Dellorto 40mm carb and the stainless cannister style exhaust and not the Supertrapp style.
Welcome to the site, Mike. That was my post on the eBay auction.

Your bike does indeed look like a very early model. Your forks are silver (most had black forks) and the Dellorto is Euro-spec. The US got the Quicksilver. That explains the pipes too. You have the Euro exhaust shown on the cover of all of the manuals. A number of them made it to our shores in that configuration.

Did you change the windshield? The early models had clear windshields. The later ones have the smoke windscreen.

It's interesting because my bike also came from Chicago. I wonder if it was the same dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
I have a 97 low pipe model and I want the rear tank setup - because I think it would be pretty cool to have
Lose that idea now (I'm doing you a favor ). I have a set of Rally tanks. They won't fit without substantial modifications to the subframe. I'm talking: cut and rebuild both seat stays and all of the airbox/battery box bracketry. I have a spare subframe that I'm going to pilfer for the job--if I ever get around to it.

Trust me: just forget it or buy one of the real Rallyes that pops up for sale around here.