View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #87
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,413
1997 KTM 620 LC4 Adventure E/GS

Here's mine (not in my posession anymore ).

An original (twin stainless steel low boy pipe) 1997 620 LC4 Adventure, purchased (almost) "new" in August of 2003 (with only 450 km on the clock!?)... I saw it sitting forlorn in a Honda dealer - not far from my home - while driving by one day... and I just had to rescue it. (I had previously owned a 1999 spec 640 Rallye a couple of years earlier).

The 620 served me faithfully for three riding seasons as my allround offroad, touring rally/adventure mount...

As pictured below;

Modifications I had done to it included a Mikuni 40 carb, cyl. head ported, 640 Rallye two into one exhaust sytem, 640 Rallye airbox and filter, revalved WP Extreme front fork and WP rear shock, supermoto front guard, lexan headlight cover and roadbook holder... Dat's it!

A great bike (I regret I sold it)... It would have been nice to hang on to, but had to make way in my shed for the SE in Sept. 2006. The LC4 is now owned by a Danish enthusiast who uses the bike as his weekend gravel racer and the occassional forray down to Africa for an amatuer rally like the Tuareg or just touring.

Great thread... these bikes ARE classics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote