View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
Mark_S OP
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,639
Went for a ride up a hioll today... 5/8/2007

it didn't go quite as planed...

Glen and I had arranged to meet Gunna (Tim) at the end of the mungatook valley and ride up a hill to see what we could see....

Gunna was late so Glen and I entertained ourselves by playing in the mud.

Gunna finally turned up (about 3.30) so we headed off to the offending hill.

Glen decided he needed a break and parked his bike.

After we extracted it we headed off with Gunna disappearing rapidly into the distance.

The hill was steep, the ground was slippery and the ruts were deep. If you lost forward momentum you started sliding backwards. By the time Glen and I were half way up we were totally rooted. You couldn't even stand on some sections.

We got to a point where we could not get any further and stopped for a drink.

Gunna, meanwhile, had ridden off the track and down the bank and into a tree. After giving up waiting for help he extracted his bike by himself, went all the way to the top and down the other side and came back up to see where we had got to - this was a bit demoralizing...

With Gunnas expert riding he got our bikes past the nasty bit we were stuck on and we made it to the top as the sun started to set.

Gunna celebrated by throwing himself over his handlebars (we missed the fun unfortunately) and we then all went down the other side in the twilight (no lights on any of the bikes). My bike was so happy to reach the bottom it celebrated by throwing me off half way across a slippery wooden bridge.

We eventually made it back to the cars/vans and loaded up in the dark.

I am totally rooted and sore all over but what a great ride...

Mark_S screwed with this post 02-16-2009 at 11:17 PM
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote