View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #45
mcinfantry
who... me?

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnut
infantry, your point could be taken to an extreme: Some adventure bikes come equipped with hard luggage. As we see in many ride reports ADV riders often choose to take everything but the kitchen sink if they have the room. Should these bikes be fully loaded to maximum GVW because they come equipped to carry more (and the weight is up high)?

I choose to almost never completely fill the 6.6gal tank on my 525EXC.

As originally formatted, VR"s chart didn't contain the info necessary to arrive at an enlightened conclusion to this question. I think he has plans to change that.

By most accounts the DR650 and KLR650 fill a very similar roll in the MC world. Should the KLR be penalized for having the capacity to carry 3 more gallons of gas than the DR and should a bed roll be placed on it's standard (optional on the DR) cargo rack?

MCNut
well, apples to apples.
if i want to buy a used 2007 husky te610 and there are two, one with a ims 5 gallon and one with a stock tank... thats alot of difference ABOVE center of gravity. id almost like to ride the two just to see how much. i bet its more significant than most of us think.

1942 Dodge WC-53
2008 Husky TE610
mcinfantry is offline   Reply With Quote