View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
drrags OP
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
Cool2 Stooges Attack Baja (and get beaten back)

The plan of attack was for the Stooge Force to stage in El Centro. The assault force consisted of:
Blakebird - Denver
Jwashburn - Portland
SheepShagger - Houston
Edeslaur - Sandy Eggo
Drrags - Vancouver (not shown)

The idea was to simply head south until we ran out of time, then turn around and head home, with a minimum of asphalt.

I'm gonna skip the part where we all stand around and load and unload bikes and get right to the Mexico part.

Day 1: Cross into Mexicali and beat-feet to San Felipe.

On the two hour drone to San Felipe you are teased by flat flood plains on the left and right. The tempatation was too great and we flew off the asphalt and had a little fun in the deepish sand.

edeslaur on the unstoppable TE610

Jwashburn on the mighty 640A

Gas at the Pemex near San Felipe.

I have to admit, I was kind of disappointed with the area. It's been a long time since I've been down thisaways and the way I remember it, the beach leading up to San Felipe consisted of small palapas and places to camp. This time all I saw were beach houses and condo after condo. I really needed to get past this area. The most obscene part was the beach road past San Felipe sporting new condos with white advertising flags on the sides of the road sporting stupid words like "Freedom", "Luxery", "Views", etc.

Well, I got the flu, so I'm hoping the other members will help me fill in the days. It'll be a little slow-going on my part for now.
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote