View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Bought some Ray Bans

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc
I am using a relatively pricey set of specs (Native's), so I wouldn't want to experiment on them.

I already have a decent order in, so I'll stick to using it on my helmet until I hear if it's cool on polarized lenses.

Thanks agian.
Went to Walnut Creek Sunglass Hut and bought some very nice Ray Ban sunglasses with gray polarized plastic lenses. Applied a nice thin coating of Raincoat to one side, let dry and polished the powder off with a cotton cloth. Checked in strong light and no defects such as smears, spots or halos. Waiting for the sun to go down to see if any halos around street lights, but I don't think so.

Now for the water drop test. Raincoat was awesome! Drops literally bounced off!

Then used a fine mikst sprayer. The Raincoat side started rolling the sprayed drops when they were about 1/3rd the size of the uncoated side. Those drops were also smaller and more rounded. Plus an easy breath on the lenses wiped the spray away. The uncoated side took a very strong blow and still had lots of big and small drops left on the lenses.

I think you should feel very comfortable with Raincoat on polarized lenses.

Can you think of any other test?