View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #17
Rob Farmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,116
I hate to say it but the old girls getting to the stage where it's just becoming uneconomical to repair her. The original ATE front end and was replaced by a later Brembo one. The sliders from that have just been replaced because another British winter of heavy salt got to them, the fairings de-laminating in several places and I've had a couple of stress fractures on the frame. I've just rebuilt the gearbox. The heads are away having unleaded conversions, new valves and guides fitted. Apart from that the engines sweet.

I recently picked up an 83 frame, swinging arm and stands for the equivalent of $50 I'm intending to rebuild that chassis and fit the engine, wheels and drive train from this bike into the later chassis. The plan is to make a really nice job of it and put together a tidy roadster. In the mean time she just needs to last a few months until I sort the Mono G/s out - The wheels on that have started to break up through fatigue. It's a young 20 years old with 110,000 on it so theres plenty of life left in it yet.
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote