View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #33
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetour
Hey Ian,

Have you thought of trying to something a bit like the new Tenere. Personally, I really like that design. I realize that trying to design and produce a good-looking, functional fairing that cheap KLRistas will fork over some cash for is a difficult venture.

I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks
If you talking about the new 660 Tenere - I think thats awesome. Much too good for us over here though ! I mean, where would we ride such a bike ? Much more useful in all those 'wide open spaces' in the UK !!
No wonder companies like KTM and BMW are stomping all over Yamaha in sales in this sector !!

The problem with that one is where could you get a headlight like that ? Thats the problem.

If your talking about the original Super Tenere, then the twin light version we're working on now is quite similar. If fact it's coming along pretty well and we should have the basic mock up done by the end of the week. Biggest issue at the moment is the length of the lights. These modern projector lights are nearly six inches long and trying to thread them through the KLR headlight frame pipework is a bit challenging !!
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote