View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #33
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer
If you have a price range you think these may fall in, please post it.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks!

Regarding pricing:

The 2 into 1 for either the SE or Adventure will be between $200 and $250, depending on where the final price from the vendor comes in. The SE will be available first, the adventure will follow fairly quickly.

I'd love to be on the bottom of that range, but the Jet-Hot coating is really pricey stuff, coating a pipe costs almost as much as making it. I could have them chromed (like stock) for much less, but by all reports, the chrome is just not very durable and the last thing I want is for people to have trouble 2 years down the road.

If anyone wants one in plain steel, I can do that as well for a substantial discount. You're on your own for corrosion, though.

If the buyer wants a Remus Titanium exhaust, including the removable spark arrestor, the cost will be $450 more than the 2 into 1 without an exhaust. These are really nice exhausts, much preferable to the FMFs in terms of quality and durability. Normal cost on these systems is $900, and we lucked into getting them to sell us half a system.

I'm still hashing out how to take orders, I'll make an announcement here with details as soon as I have a final price and how to order. I'll also get up a good dyno chart at the same time, getting the files converted had sort of fallen off my radar screen with so many other irons in the fire.

I've been hard at work on the tank, it has changed shape substantially since my last photo here, but I'm going to hold off on pictures until I'm comfortable that I've arrived at the right design. In any case, it will definitely work on both the Adventure and SE, and will look really good on both as well, it's amazing how similar the lines turn out to be.

Thanks for your interest!

More to follow...

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote