View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 AM   #102
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
At present I have the stock set up with a braided line and DP 620 GG sintered pads , which I bought on Ebay for $20-

They were advertised as HH but it says GG on the pad.

No problem , they are a mile in front of the Galfer Greens , and they were supposed to be GG too.

With this set up I can lock the front wheel with a good hard squeeze , and I dont really need much more, but when Guy announced his sensibly priced adapter for big callipers I thought I would upgrade a little, and get up to date two finger braking at a reasonable cost.

Last time I was in Churchill Dismantles all the callipers were $25.00 but they now have a new sales manager and he is as stupid as the guys at Show and Go - $250- for one second hand calliper , with no pads or hose.

The reason for going with the Tokico six piston is to keep the M/C - caliper ratio as close to stock as possible , as IMHO this is the critical part of the exercise.

If Ray Potter was still working I could have got my M.C. sleeved to 11 or 12 mm which would have made the two piston viable , but with a 13mm MC the Tokico six piston is the only one I would fit

I have a 11mm on my twin disc R75/7 and it works really well , no problems with excessive pull etc so I have no problems with high ratios.