View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #158
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,839
We camped in Afton, not really a town, just a campsite. Those who came from socal like me, it's a 3.5 hour drive north from my house.

Our camp, just next to a railroad bridge. The train runs 24/7, and I guess every couple of hours. Between the hard pounding wind and the train, including a noisy neighbor, didn't really get more than 4 hours of sleep.

Little wind and plenty of blue skies, and good breakfast awaited us next morning.

Mike(montibank) on his brand new ride and camouflaged outfit.

Ben and Rich. Thanks Ben for the free riding lessons in the sand and dunes. At the end of the day, my fear of the sand was diminished.

Rich, Ron, and wide open dirt

The fist water crossing, guess about 20 inches deep. No way avoiding it. The only way out and back to camp. The
crossing on the way back is a refreshing reward though.

Of course, there will be a casualty! Good thing, Ben's bike is a 2-smoker and after 100+ kicks, it fired up. I felt tired just watching him. Lane (ISellers) watching and ready to give him the leg to kickstart that puppy.

You won't believe it, but this is the water flowing on Mojave River. It was fun riding on the river bed, the dirt was packed, colorful canyon and the little water provided the contrast to the ride up ahead.

Mojave River

NSFW screwed with this post 04-06-2008 at 05:31 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote