View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #15
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd
I have to say that I wouldn't mind having one of these little beasts. The only thing that I am worried about is the weight. A dry weight of 276 seems pretty heavy for a 250, but after seeing your pics I can see why it is up there. They have that thing packed full of stuff.

Is there any chance you could weigh ready to ride and let us know what it comes in at?
So, I just did the front-end-then-back-end-on-the-bathroom-scale method (which we all know is accurate to +/- 100lbs ), and got 137lb front, 154lb rear, for a grand total of 291lbs. The manual lists "wet weight" (oil + full fuel) at 298lbs for the CA model (which is what I have), so I'd say their number is pretty close, since I ran a bit of fuel out of the tank yesterday having fun.

I have to say though, pushing it around the garage, and definitely while riding, she carries her weight well, because I'd swear this bike weighs less than my KTM 520 which was listed at approx. 250lbs dry, where the WRR is listed at 278lbs dry.

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote