View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #20
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd
Thanks for taking the time to weigh it in for me. Good to hear that they are pretty accurate on the weights they are listing. Do you see any heavy hitters that could be removed/replaced to reduce the weight?

Now take it out, wring it out and report back
I've been looking at other posts on the same topic, and looking at the bike, and if you really wanted to shed pounds, the first place I'd go is the exhaust. That cat converter must be pretty heavy. Trouble is, what to do about the EXUP valve? Maybe the aftermarket will help solve that one.

Other than that, I'd say the license plate holder/rear turn signal assembly could probably go and be replaced with some lighter parts. I think the LED brake light is already pretty light, so I wouldn't look there. Maybe swap out the steel handlebars with some nice aluminum ones, and look at swapping the front turn signals for smaller ones. At that point you're down to saving ounces, not pounds.

If I had to take a WAG at it, I'd say there's at most 20 lbs of "easy" weight to lose. Any more than that will likely start costing some bigger $$ (i.e. titanium bits here and there).

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote