View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #20
pkraemer
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Rally Fairing Fabrication

Hi Ken,

I really like what you've done with the XR 650 R rally fairing you've fabricated - the setup looks great.

I've been looking for someone who provides these kind of fabrication services, and I'm hoping you can help me out with my DRZ400. I'm planning to install a 4.0 gal IMS tank, and I'd like to fit it with a rally fairing similiar to the one you've put together for the XR 650 R.

I noticed in your post that you were looking for other applications to base your fabrications on, and I'm hoping you'll be willing to go through the exercise with me and my DRZ. Unfortunately, I'm anything but local (I live in Toronto, Canada) but I'm thinking with the internet, some planning, and accurate measurements, this should be something we could tackle remotely. I'm willing to take lots of pictures and measurements, and I'd even be prepared to send you the tank and lights to fabricate the side fairing pieces around. It sounds like the mounting system and center fairing might be universal, with only the side panels requiring custom fitting.

Anyways, please let me know if you're interested in this kind of project.

Thanks,
Paul
pkraemer is offline   Reply With Quote