View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #46
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Oddometer: 6,569
26th March

After an overdose of Harley Davidson yesterday, I decided to have a bike free day and spent most of it doing various chores and sorting out my laptop (treated it to a complete memory laundry, disk scan, de-frag and bought it a cordless mouse;)). That evening Julie, Arch and I met up with their friend Rick at a new restaurant in the centre of Houston…

…The Aquarium. This place is amazing. It’s been fitted out like a set from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and is fitted with a series of fish tanks, holding over half a million gallons of water – including a column in the centre of a spiral staircase over 50 feet in height. The displays are excellent…

...and you can get very close to the fish – here’s Julie saying hello to some Stingrays…

The restaurant is superb. It’s a seafood menu, for those who don’t mind being stared at by the cousins of those they are eating :P The portions are huge (this is Texas, after all) – this is a crab & avocado starter…

…and the food is absolutely first rate – I hope the Red Snapper watching me eat didn’t recognise any of their relatives…

After dinner we continued our tour of the fish tanks,

before getting on a train and going through the final exhibit – a shark tank. The fairground type train stops inside a plexiglass tunnel which goes through a vast shark tank. The residents eye us as they lazily swim around us…

Afterwards we walk back to the car, looking at the lights of downtown Houston.

MikeO screwed with this post 12-11-2010 at 01:33 PM
MikeO is offline   Reply With Quote