View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 10:35 PM   #59
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Oddometer: 6,571
9th April

I'm up at 0600 to give myself plenty of time to ride the 250 miles to BMW of Salt Lake - with the rear tyre in its present state, I don't want to have to push my luck...

I come out to the bike to find that the roads are dry (hurrah!), but that there is a thick layer of frost all over the bike and the hotel parking lot...:(

I ride off into the cold (thank goodness for heated clothing ) - keeping my speed down and peering through the mist... I soon come across the carcase of a deer lying at the road side - another thing to look out for :.

I get on the Interstate and life gets easier - it's now light and the road surface is completely dry. I set a steady cruise and arrive at BMW of Salt Lake at just before midday.

I ask the Service Manager, Chad, to do an oil & filter change, as it's nearly 6k since the last one, and to give the bike a good look over. I also get a new oil filler cap, as the O ring I'd fitted back in Jasper has been weeping oil and the filler cap itself seems loose in the housing... The inspection reveals that the rear pads need replacing, which results in a bill of about $450 - £250ish - which seems quite reasonable, given the circumstances.

I pay my bill and retire to the comfort of the Motel 6 in Salt Lake City - and take advantage of an internet connection for the first time in several days...

No pictures to speak of, today, so here's a sign I noticed in Roswell the other day...