View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 10:50 PM   #70
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Oddometer: 6,631
20th April

A fine morning and - nice though the Great Falls Hampton Inn is – it’s time to go. I packed the bike, set the new GPS up and rode down US15 towards Helena. For a divided highway, it is a beautiful road to ride, as it winds its way through the Big Belt mountains. After a quick photo-stop at a lookout point…

…I leave US15 and ride down a road which follows the Missouri River – probably the original highway before US15 was built. The road is great, but deep into the ‘do I ride fast, or look at the view’ territory…

This bridge is built on a slope – I can’t remember seeing an ‘uphill’ bridge before :

Some interesting architecture :eek.

Too soon, I rejoin US15 and then arrive back at Laura Paxton’s house to pick up Judge’s Airhawk seat pad. I re-wrap it & post it to him from the local PostNet office, before joining the 287 South East towards Bozeman, where I intend to stop for the day.

Montana is called ‘Big Sky Country’ and it’s a good description – the vast flat bottomed valleys, surrounded by fantastic mountains in clear air gives you the impression that the sky is bigger – trouble is, the Big Sky is full of Big Clouds – it rains hard most of the way to Bozeman. I stop at another Hampton Inn, settle in for the day – and dry out :P

MikeO screwed with this post 12-11-2010 at 02:38 PM
MikeO is offline   Reply With Quote