View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #722
Zombie_Stomp OP
Aspiring human

Oddometer: 2,231
I finally had to learn how to upload and imbed videos onto stuff for my mini ride report on the ADVrider dinner in Charlotte this past weekend, viewable on the link in my signature, page 69.
So, here's a couple boring vids of me toodling around town. I'll try to make some more action-packed ones in the future. (gotta practice those wheelies to make that happen...)

BTW, the Charlotte dinnner ride was the first long distance trip I mae on this bike, and it did very well, holding up to 65mph+ for extended periods (hours) and for a round trip distance of over 350 miles. One thing I realized while pondering the engine bugs is that using a thin gasket paper, even a paper gasket from an aftermarket gasket set on the rocker box, is not acceptable. The Honda gasket is a thick 3-layer embossed aluminum, and the thickness is important because the rocker box has to clamp down tight enough on the cam bearings and the gasket surface, and if the gasket is thin, it will clamp down on the bearings and still leave a gap at the gasket faces. So I'm definetly buying a stock Honda rocker box gasket. Anyone who's had their rocker box off their XL should be able to dig this information. What kind of gasket are you all using on yours?
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add, I set a new personal top speed on the XL: 90mph.

I do heavy-duty textile repair, upholstery, and design/manufacture bags.
Zombie_Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote