View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #1126
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,281
Gotta Love This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannosaurus_mex
Just spoke to the service department again and he claims once they've mounted the new antenna (apparently they're routing and tying the wire differently) they haven't had one come back). Leads me to wonder if those who haven't had a problem (YET) should CAREFULLY remove the wire ties and CAREFULLY retie them in such a manner to reduce friction and give the wire a little more play?
OK...so you absolutely trust your dealership and the fact that they alone have figured this out? None have come back since their wonder cure?

Wish that it was true...that would make the "fix" simple...but why is BMW then pumping our "new" [or same part with new numbers?] antenna?

Notwithstanding what they feed you, I personally would insist on the latest antenna iteration from BMW...whether or not that is worth a damn only time will tell, but why settle for an antenna that has been superseded? Simply so someone can dump the stocks of the old ones?

Just my opinions..
Wallowa is online now   Reply With Quote