View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #38
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
My dealer was allocated only one ... and I grabbed it before it hit the floor :-) rode it home today. Can't wait to put on some miles this weekend.
Congrats on the purchase! I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by this "little" bike. I think it was Nachtflug who said in another thread that his dealer (who's been around the block a time or two) told him not to think of this bike as a 250, and I think that sums it up perfectly. This bike doesn't feel like any 250 dualsport bike that I've ever ridden....it feels more like my old DRZ 400 (minus the weight, which is odd because my old DRZ was the "E" model, which actually weighed less than this 250...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
My dealer is really purplexed with the allocation given the volume of Yamaha bikes, quads and sleds they do each year.

This whole thing about dealers getting their allocation reduced is odd. I wonder if this is an exchange rate issue. With the dollar being as weak as it is, maybe Yamaha feels there is enough demand in other countries that they can sell all they can make elsewhere and end up with more Yen in their pockets..... This is the same dynamic that is causing BMW to delay delivery (by nearly 8 months!) of their hot new GS800 into the US, so maybe it's the same now with the new Yammie.

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote