View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 05:28 PM   #88
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Oddometer: 6,768
Thank you Marc, very kind of you to say so

So here's today's short & wet missive...

10th May

I had a very late night (in fact, 0330 this morning), so I was careful to leave the ‘Do Not Disturb’ flag on my door handle, check that the alarm clock was off etc. None of this stopped them ringing me at 0730 with a wake-up call I hadn’t booked - Ah well…:P

Never mind - spent the time ringing BMW GB and asking them what they were going to do about my front discs warping (I'm on my 4th or 5th set - I honestly can't remember). The answer was - they'll replace them (I'm 2 months out of warranty, but they're treating it as a 'problem with history'). Due to the vagaries of the various corporate warranties, I have to pay for the replacement here, then I'll be re-imbursed on my return to the UK. Result - time to find a dealer in Califiornia somewhere...

I’m on the road for 1000 and it’s raining. Hard. I hit the I5 south towards Salem, but soon get bored and strike off across country towards the Pacific…

The landscape is basically similar to Europe and the roads are not challenging…

…the rain showers continue, varying from "Hmm, that’s miserable" to "I’m not getting my camera out". I arrive in the town of Newport and check into the Econo-lodge, getting a room with a sea view*.

Just before getting to Newport, I passed a farm on the right, which housed this weird looking pipework above one of its barns – anybody got any idea what it is? :

Closer view...

Further south down the Pacific Coast Highway tomorrow…

* if you climb on top of the bookcase, lean over and squint through the very top of the left window…

MikeO screwed with this post 09-15-2009 at 01:11 AM
MikeO is offline   Reply With Quote