View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 07:16 PM   #10
02Silver OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
A little Sportbike Profiling I guess

Well Stephen,

Do you even know what a FZ1 is???

Anyway I never ride in big groups because of all of the attention and pain in the rear that it causes. I normally ride with one or two other guys...I'm the pup at 38 years old...one of them is 56 the other is 51 (both X road racers). There are other's that interchange with the 51 year old but myself and the 56 year old are normally riding together.

No, I'm not one of those squids even though I probably am faster than they are...I don't need to prove it. When David first started riding in the Hill Country in the late 70's he said that you could go all weekend and never see another set of bikes. Now it's out of hand due to all of the internet information and Ride Texas posting their greatest roads list etc.

I'm just glad that I got lot's of good rides in before the latest BS.

Believe it or not...the flood in July 2002 was one of the best rides ever. We rode about 900 miles that weekend and there were no cops, bikes, very few cars...it was great, 2 FZ1's and miles of road to ourselves. Truly wonderful other than the fact that I have been dryer taking a shower.
02Silver is offline   Reply With Quote