View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #58
BUSdriver
Pop Copy Manager

Oddometer: 79
Just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd add a few photos & such.

I got mine in mid March and wasn't really instructed about a break-in period. I figured that I'm pretty easy going when I ride that I'd just ride it normally. Problem is I found myself having so much fun that I kinda forgot about the break-in. My concern is that by riding it harder than I probably should've that maybe I caused harm to the engine? Thoughts?

I have basically been riding it off-road and since I'm 40 and haven't ridden in 15+ years I'm trying to take 'er easy for the most part. It's been an absolute blast to ride this bike. As many of you have already said, it does exactly what it was designed to do. It's comfortable on the road and very capable off.

I have determined one thing that I MUST do to make this even more fun. I have to lower this thing some! Right now the suspension is set as it was from the dealer. I am only 5'8" with a 30" inseam. Needless to say it's a bit tall for me. I've found that when I'm riding the trails or whatever, it's fine the way it is. It's when I am stopping on a slope or needing to put one foot down to prevent going down that sometimes it's just impossible to do. I've probably had 5 "crashes" due to the height of the bike. I've yet to have any major crashes but I've got quite a few "tip overs" after I stop. I'm not too concerned about it being a little tall as I've been riding it like it is for a bit now and enjoying it, I think just a little lower would be much better!

I did decide however that the taillight unit under the fender had to go. It's not a weight issue really, it's just butt ugly in my opinion. I replaced it with a customized setup and if you want to read how I did it just go HERE.

Here's a picture of the finished project.

I've ordered the Zeta handguards with the flashers integrated in them and I've been waiting 2+ weeks to get them shipped to me? I guess Langston racing wasn't the place to order from. I ordered the blue ones but after seeing the photos above of the WRR with the white ones, I should've ordered the white ones.

I'm sure there are more things I'll be tinkering with this spring/summer and I'll be sure to keep a photo record of it.

Here are a few more pictures:

I wake up in the morning with nothing to do, and by noon I'm only half done.

http://mototrailadventures.blogspot.com/

BUSdriver is offline   Reply With Quote