View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #64
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket
I didn't ask you what size I am. This is great cuz that's exactly where I am in the size dept. Now I have a bonafide guinea pig. I will hang on your every word.

I'd love to chat with the product manager for this bike and find out what their target "size" was, because it sure seems to me like we're right in the bullseye.

The one thing I'll caution you on is power/acceleration. If you're looking for a bike that will pull (and I mean pull hard) from low revs to the limit, wait until next year and see if Yamaha and Suzuki (and maybe others, but I doubt it) come out with 450s (WR450R, DRZ450S).

Don't get me wrong, this bike will accelerate just fine if you're quick with the shifter in the first 3 gears with my butt in the saddle (as in, will beat most cars to the next light if you need to make a lane change, etc.), but unless you keep the revs up, 5th and 6th don't have that "whack the throttle open...whoa" snap to them. Same thing goes for off-road. If you want big acceleration throughout the rpm range, look at a 450+.

If, on the other hand, you want good acceleration, with no "oh sh*t!" surprises from getting too crazy with the twisty grip, then the little WRR won't disappoint you.

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote