View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #66
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by levity
By sag I meant "Race Sag", i.e., with rider on board (corrected in original post). Should be ~1/3 total travel for off-road use.
Ah, OK. Yep, race sag is 1/3. I was thinking you meant static sag.

Quote:
BTW, the suspension was about as good as I've experienced for out-of-the-box. Compares favorably with the WP suspension I've had on KTM RFS EXC bikes. I did soften the compression damping one click front and rear.
I'll second that! It's funny, but when I was out riding yesterday, I was thinking about how the KTM 250EXC and Husky TE250 might compare to the WRR in the suspension department (assuming we could get the little KTM in the US...grrrrr). For $3k less than my KTM, I'm impressed.

Quote:
Does anyone know the rate for the fork springs? I only measured ~2" race sag in the front, a bit less than I think it should be. Not sure whether this this is due to too a bit stiff a spring for my weight (~170#) or a little too much preload. May be set up for a slightly heavier rider (~190#). In any case they performed pretty well both on and off-road.
I'll check my race sag up front and report back. I'm thinking that the springs are more for a 190lb+ rider, so that may be why you aren't seeing as much sag. Of course, it could also just be that they're new, and they'll settle in a bit over time. Just for grins, if you were pounding them hard off-road, you may want to check the bleeders and see if you've built up some air pressure in the legs.

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote