View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #29
Schtum
Free Genie

Oddometer: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod
We have been looking at some vented designs that are lighter than the Pioneer but more protective than overpants, the big thing is making sure they are waterproof as well.. Any suggestions are more than welcome..
Hi from Scotland, Paul. I'd have thought the obvious design for pants would be the old Belstaff Adventure design.

I suspect that you may well not remember, but we discussed this in your tent in the infield at the Laguna Seca Moto GP in 2005. You told me at the time that although you were continuing production of the Adventure Jacket, you didn't think there was sufficient demand for the Adventure Pants in the USA. That surprised me since the USA must be the largest dual-sport market in the world. I personally put a number of members of this site in touch with my local Belstaff dealer in Scotland during the closeout period while the brand was still owned and distributed in the UK by Phoenix NW so that they could source pairs of Adventure Pants while they were still to be had.

I'd have thought that if you wanted to bring the Adventure pants bang up to date, this could be done by constructing them from a TFL COOL SYSTEM® coated fabric. I'd query the need for waterproofing in a warm weather pant. I use mine in Scotland during the summer and we have a cold wet climate. However, if you believe it's really necessary then I'd suggest a removable waterproof lining or an update of the original's waterproof overpant.
Attached Images

Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote