Thread: Yamaha XT500
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #56
NamibFox
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Hi guys. I'm new here and have just spent the best half an hour in a long time reading through all your posts in this thread. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful photographs and comments on these truly amazing classic bikes. Just last week I acquired a fully restored '78 XT500 and I am absolutely thrilled to bits with her.
I stopped biking 15 years ago after a major accident on one of my road bikes. Peer pressure forced me to sell and get myself a car. Shortly thereafter, I got myself a 4x4 and this was the start of a love affair for all things offroad. My thoughts have often returned to biking, but not the road bikes that I used to ride, but something that would be more at home in the offroad environment. The XT500 was always in the back of my mind, it was my dream bike as a young teenager in the mid 70's. I've always wanted one, and now at last I have my very own to love and cherish! I'll be posting one or two pics just as soon as I get around to taking them. In the meantime, please keep the awesome posts coming. I agree that this thread should be kept alive! Thanks again!

Best regards

Chris
South Africa

NamibFox screwed with this post 04-22-2008 at 06:07 PM
NamibFox is offline   Reply With Quote